We want to hear your feedback on the all-new Fine Cooking, so we’re launching a Cook the Issue Challenge. Over the course of two months, we’re challenging you to cook as many of the recipes in the February/March issue (issue 97) as you can, upload photos of what you make, and tell us what you love, what you don’t love, and what else you want to know.
Taking the challenge is easy. The most prolific member for this issue’s challenge will win a cookware shopping spree from Cooking.com, and 50 runners up will receive a copy of Fine Cooking’s Make it Tonight special issue.
Here’s how to take the challenge:
Step Two: Choose a recipe from the official list of issue 97 recipes. (below)
Step Three: Make the recipe, photograph it, and post your photos and commentary to the gallery.
Step Four: Repeat until you’ve cooked your way through the issue!
Browse the gallery to see what other members are cooking and get inspired for your next meal. You can comment on other entries, and give your favorite posts a thumbs-up rating.
To be considered complete, a post must include a photo of the recipe cooked by the poster, and some comments about the recipe or the resulting dish.
For the complete contest rules, click here.
Complete List of Issue 97 Recipes
To take the Cook the Issue Challenge, choose from the following recipes to make, photograph, and comment on:
- Baked Cheddar Grits with Bacon
- Beef Picadillo
- Blood Orange & Radicchio Salad with Hazelnuts & Shaved Parmesan
- Blood Orange & Mango Sorbet
- Broccolini with Kalamata Dressing
- Buttermilk Cake with Spiced Vanilla Icing
- Cheddar & Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken Sauté with Lemon, Cumin & Parsley
- Creamy White Bean & Herb Dip
- Classic Carrot Layer Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- Classic Croissants (or one of the variations)
- Five-Treasure Fried Rice
- Fresh Pasta with Sausage & Mushrooms
- Lemon-Ginger Marmalade
- Orange & Brown Butter Tart
- Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts with Orange-Brandy Sauce
- Pan-Seared Skirt Steak with Warm Radish and Red Onion Pickle
- Poblanos Stuffed with Cheddar & Chicken
- Pork & Potato Hash with Poached Eggs & Avocado
- Pork Ragout with Soft Polenta
- Pulled-Pork Sandwiches with Cabbage, Caper & Herb Slaw
- Real Chocolate Mousse
- Red-Cooked Tofu
- Roasted Potato & Mushroom Salad with Mascarpone
- Salt-and-Pepper Shrimp with Garlic & Chile
- Sautéed Escarole with Raisins, Pine Nuts, and Capers
- Sear-Roasted Halibut with Blood-Orange Salsa
- Slow-Roasted Pork Shoulder with Carrots, Onions, and Garlic
- Smoked Turkey Reubens
- Spiced Carrot Cakes with Candied Carrots & Pistachios
- Spicy Jerk Pork Chops
- Wine-Braised Chicken with Shallots & Pancetta
PLUS: one or more creations from Create Your Own Recipe: Creamy Vegetable Soups