Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Check Icon Print Icon Note Icon Heart Icon Filled Heart Icon Single Arrow Icon Double Arrow Icon Hamburger Icon TV Icon Close Icon Sorted Hamburger/Search Icon

Salzburg1

Salzburg, AT
member

Born in Canada: Higher Education:Switzerland - Hotel Management School of Lausanne/ University of Geneva / University of Nice, France. Countries resided in - Canada, USA, Switzerland, France, Singapore, Austria.
Author gastronomic guide to Salzburg. Translator specialised in wine growing, tourism and gastronomy.

Recent Reviews


Re:Real Chocolate Mousse

I have been making/trying all recipes (France, Germany, Austria etc.) of chocolate mousse for decades and this is without a doubt the absolute best! Works out perfect even with white chocolate.


Posted: 07:26 am on March 21st 2016

Re:Chocolate Chiffon Pie

A definite must for chocolate lovers. Absolutely delicious and easy to make! The crust was a little too crumbly as I had to use the only chocolate wafers available in my country which probably has a lesser butter content so I will add maybe a bit more butter to the recipe than called for in this one the next time.


Posted: 05:21 am on August 5th 2012

Re:Mini Baguettes

These were terrific. Just like in France. I have tried many recipes trying always to find the right one and Fine Cooking turns out to be 95% of the time perfect. The other 5% of the time is probably because of me who had done something wrong. I made the recipe according to instructions. I would say they were more like a ficelle (due to the size)and next time will make 4 loafs instead of the 6. Whatever the size they were fantastic. If I decide to be really artistic I think I might once add olives and anchovies to the dough to add a provenale touch.


Posted: 07:52 am on July 11th 2012

Re:Milk Chocolate Pudding

This was easy to make and quick. I think I grabbed the wrong chocolate at the market - dark -. It is very rich and thick but I would definitely make it again. The next day - out of the fridge - I mixed into one bowl of the left over pudding 1/2 cup of cream which I whipped and folded into it. That was descrumptious. Like Mousse au Chocolat but without the risk of uncooked egg yolks.


Posted: 11:43 am on January 26th 2012

Re:Seeded Crackers

Terrific recipe!!!I have made this recipe since it appeared in Fine Cooking several times (with my pasta machine). I vary it with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cumin etc. It must be fantastic because a 4 star chef in Austria has recently copied it and packaged it under her own name and as her recipe invention in a German and Austrian supermarket. This is not the first time that this chef has used recipes from Fine Cooking.


Posted: 02:46 pm on December 2nd 2011

Re:Knotted Dinner Rolls

The instructions were perfect and came out just like the pictures. The next time I make them I think I will reduce the sugar by half if for dinner rolls but if I make them for breakfast rolls I will use the same amount of sugar. I froze them individually in aluminium foil and put them in preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes and they were perfect for breakfast.


Posted: 10:21 am on October 18th 2011

Re:Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze

This was fantastic, every time I made it. Everyone is in love with it. Easy and quick to make! I did not make the glaze but sprinkled the top with confectioners sugar = a little less calories? Once I was without vanilla extract, hard to get in Austria, so substituted a package of vanilla sugar which didn't change anything in the taste.


Posted: 11:07 am on February 24th 2011

Re:Authentic Brioche Bread Recipe

Terrific -My daughter and I made this recipe on the weekend, the day after we received the magazine. The recipe was explained to a T. My daughter found it complicated but that is due to the exact instructions which are necessary the first time making something like this. Since I only had 4 brioche cups/I buttered a muffin pan and made the rest in that. They were easier to butter (as no ribs) and they came out perfect. I would definitely make this again but maybe with a little less salt.


Posted: 10:43 am on April 1st 2010

Re:Hot Chocolate Layer Cake with Homemade Marshmallows

I think the recipe is superb. The calory counter delight! A lot of calories per slice but I think the cake can be cut in 24 to 28 slices unless there are alot of cowboys in the region. The marshmallow recipe was superb since where I live you have to make them yourself, if your lucky to have someone who can send or bring you corn syrup. The only thing that I would do the next time round is spread the marshmallow batter on baking paper rather than on aluminum foil as it peels off better.


Posted: 12:19 pm on January 7th 2010