Yield: Yields about 1 cup
To make more than 1 cup of pesto, pound or process multiple batches instead of doubling the recipe in a single batch.
Video: Watch our Homegrown/Homemade team make a batch of this summer favorite.
A sauce this versatile (and delicious) won’t be sitting in your freezer for long. Here are some easy ideas for how to use it. Defrost the pesto and:
• Toss with hot pasta
• Stir into vegetable soup
• Dress a cold potato or pasta salad
• Toss with grilled zucchini and summer squash and topwith shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano.
• Serve with grilled lamb.
• Spread on sliced ripe freshtomatoes, top with breadcrumbs, and slide under the broiler to heat.
• Mix a couple of tablespoons with best-quality extra-virgin olive oil and use as a dip for bread.
• Spread between vegetable layers in a gratin.
• Use as a filling with tomato and ricotta for a vegetable lasagna.
• Serve with fish, as in Roasted Cod with Basil Pesto & Garlic Breadcrumbs
Love to Cook? Sign up for eletters today and get the latest from Fine Cooking plus special offers.
Good basic pesto recipe. Served over angel hair & sautéed shrimp.
This recipe was so easy - doubled the garlic and put over three different pastas with tomatos and roasted red peppers. Very good!!
© 2018 The Taunton Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
Fine Cooking may receive a percentage of sales for items purchased through links on this site, including Amazon Associates and other affiliate advertising programs.
Do you really want to delete the list, ?
This won't delete the recipes and articles you've saved, just the list.
This feature has been temporarily disabled during the beta site preview.
Add/Edit a private note for this recipeThis note is only visible to you.
Double CheckAre you sure you want to delete your notes for this recipe?