FineCooking.com fans, we’ve got great news. Over the past year, we asked for feedback about ways we could improve the site and what features you’d most like us to implement. Thank you to everyone who wrote to us with suggestions or filled out a survey detailing what you want to see and do when you visit FineCooking.com.
Beginning May 21, when you come to the site you’ll find:
- Simplified navigation and easier-to-find recipes.
- Mobile friendliness: Our site looks beautiful and functions flawlessly whether you’re on a smartphone, iPad, or other device. (This is in addition to our popular downloadable tablet editions of the magazine, which are currently available on iPad or Windows tablets, and will be available soon for additional devices.)
- Visual browsing via our new Inspiration page. Not sure what you want to make? Let our recipe slideshows and big, beautiful recipe photos help you decide.
- Spotlights on our best how-to content for cooks of every skill level.
- Connection. Finally, to keep the Fine Cooking community’s discussions in one place, we have closed the CooksTalk forum to new posts and kept the conversation rolling on our Facebook page. Anyone can access the CooksTalk forum archive by bookmarking this page (see below), but all community interaction will happen on our Facebook page so we can better serve our fans.
- My Recipe Box: Save all your favorite recipes from FineCooking.com (and other sites) in one spot. Make changes and annotations to your saved recipes, and have easy access to the recipes and menus you’ve created using our interactive Recipe Maker and Menu Maker tools. (see below for more on what happens to existing recipes you’ve created).
Improvements are ongoing over the next few weeks, so please check back often!
First Look at The New FineCooking.com
Q: Where will I find Fine Cooking recipes I’ve already added to my favorites?
A: They will continue to live in your Recipe Box.
Q: Where do I find recipes I’ve already created with a Recipe Maker?
A: When logged in, click “My Page” at the top left-hand corner of your screen. This will include all recipes you’ve published via Recipe Makers. However, any new recipes you create from Recipe Makers will now live in your Recipe Box, and will not be public. (Note: This feature is coming soon.)
Q: Will I still be able to access other people’s community recipes?
A: The pages still exist, so if you want to retain access to them, please bookmark them. However, the Community Recipe Gallery is no longer browsable via our navigation.
Q: How do I edit or make changes to a Fine Cooking recipe?
A: Add the recipe to your Recipe Box, then click the “Edit” button in the Recipe Box. Once you save your changes, you’ll now have your own version of the recipe rather than the original Fine Cooking recipe. (Note: This feature is coming soon.)
Q: How can I access the CooksTalk forum?
A: The CooksTalk forum will no longer be listed in our navigation, so if you want to retain access to the archive, please bookmark this link. Please note that the forum is now closed to new posts and comments.
Our new homepage will be photo-rich and more intuitive.
Our recipe pages feature bigger images and you'll find only essential information at the top, where you need it.
You love our recipe slideshows, so they'll be easier for you to find and you can cycle through the slides quickly and easily.