Servings: 6 to 8
One thing I always add to chili is beans. I know that’s anathema in some parts of the country (I’m looking at you, Texas), but I like the texture and flavor that beans provide and how, when mashed up a bit, they help to thicken the chili.
Love to cook? Sign up today to get daily recipes from Fine Cooking plus special offers
First time making this. Delicious way to get rid of leftover prime rib! My tweaks:
- I didn’t have hard apple cider so I used Chardonnay
- my family prefers much smaller cubes of meat
- I used only one onion, one yellow bell people, one green bell pepper (not a poblano) and a seeded jalapeño
- I used chicken broth from scratch instead of beef broth
- loved the bean paste but didn’t add the remaining beans
Amazing. Used 2 lbs ground beef and a quart of chicken broth. Finely chopped serrano chili. And, cooked for about 3 hrs.
Do you really want to delete the list, ?
This won't delete the recipes and articles you've saved, just the list.
This feature has been temporarily disabled during the beta site preview.
Add/Edit a private note for this recipeThis note is only visible to you.
Double CheckAre you sure you want to delete your notes for this recipe?
Get the print magazine, 25 years of back issues online, over 7,000 recipes, and more.