Yield: Yields about 1 cup
To make more than 1 cup of pesto, pound or process multiple batches instead of doubling the recipe in a single batch.
Video: Watch our Homegrown/Homemade team make a batch of this summer favorite.
A sauce this versatile (and delicious) won’t be sitting in your freezer for long. Here are some easy ideas for how to use it. Defrost the pesto and:
• Toss with hot pasta
• Stir into vegetable soup
• Dress a cold potato or pasta salad
• Toss with grilled zucchini and summer squash and topwith shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano.
• Serve with grilled lamb.
• Spread on sliced ripe freshtomatoes, top with breadcrumbs, and slide under the broiler to heat.
• Mix a couple of tablespoons with best-quality extra-virgin olive oil and use as a dip for bread.
• Spread between vegetable layers in a gratin.
• Use as a filling with tomato and ricotta for a vegetable lasagna.
• Serve with fish, as in Roasted Cod with Basil Pesto & Garlic Breadcrumbs
Love to cook? Sign up today to get daily recipes from Fine Cooking plus special offers
Good basic pesto recipe. Served over angel hair & sautéed shrimp.
This recipe was so easy - doubled the garlic and put over three different pastas with tomatos and roasted red peppers. Very good!!
© 2020 The Taunton Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
Fine Cooking may receive a percentage of sales for items purchased through links on this site, including Amazon Associates and other affiliate advertising programs.
Do you really want to delete the list, ?
This won't delete the recipes and articles you've saved, just the list.
This feature has been temporarily disabled during the beta site preview.
Add/Edit a private note for this recipeThis note is only visible to you.
Double CheckAre you sure you want to delete your notes for this recipe?
Get the print magazine, 25 years of back issues online, over 7,000 recipes, and more.